Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Preston's Nursery and Redefining my Workspace

Hello Everyone! Feels like July has completely flown by. I thought June would be a lighter month for us but we were busy-working bees up until last week. Had a blast producing some great dessert tables but oh, so grateful to have a breather and catch up on some much needed rest (and some blogging) for the next few weeks.

So I wanted to share some fun work I've been doing with Baby Preston's room. As you know, our family is growing by the second, an..er...month and space in our home is getting smaller and smaller. I had intended to convert my 3 year old's room into my workspace but with Baby Preston coming in October, plans had to change...just a little bit. Since I'm one of those stubborn moms that refuse to believe that I can't have a career, family and a little space I can call my own, I'm attempting to create a space that will work not only for Baby Preston but for me as well. I know...I know...I may fail bitterly at all of this, but what can I say, I'm stubborn as hell! Not to mention that with all the challenges of being mommy and pregnant, it's been quite refreshing to throw myself into something different and that doesn't involve my work.

So, where do I start? Well, first I'm tackling Baby Preston's side of the room, using a gender-neutral palette that will work for the whole room. Picture below. In addition to the color palette and geometric patterns in the bedding, also using vintage airplanes to add "the boy" element.

Currently, we've tackled painting the room which I should paraphrase by saying that I picked the paint and my gracious husband took care of the rest. Everything turned out better than I can imagine and I have to say that all the times my husband has painted dessert table backdrops must have really come in handy because he did an AMAZING job.


So what's next? Well, narrowed down the bedding which I'm super stoked about. Since I couldn't translate what I had in mind to anything I liked in stores, I turned to ETSY seller, Katie Bug Creativity who put together fabric swatches for me....can't wait to see how everything will turn out. Now just looking to add-on to the room with additional decor....and ...er...well, trying not to break the bank at the same time, so we'll just have to see how that goes (hope hubby is not reading this)! Once I start making some leeway on the nursery (side), I'll start working on my workspace. More updates to come...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment