Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

Hello Everyone!! Hope all of you have had a great Thanksgiving Holiday! I know I have as I'm sitting here, three days later, in my stretchy pants. This has been a different Thanksgiving for us, family, Baby Preston, growing business...the list goes on. So in honor of the craziness, I thought I would share the three very things I'm *thankful* for today.


1. Love. Love. Love. Love for my husband, my best friend and my business partner. We met almost ten years ago, working together for a national, soccer league in Tampa. And today, we work together as partners with Chic Sweets. I have to tell you, there is something very special about being able to work with your spouse. Steve is not only my husband, but my true partner in every sense of the word. Someone I turn to as a friend, as a colleague, someone I can brainstorm fantastic (crazy) ideas with, and then someone I can come home, lay on the couch and watch "Dexter" with. I'm a lucky girl.

2. Children: Brendan, Spencer, Carson and Preston. I can't lie. It's crazy. It's busy. There are times when Steve and I look at each other and want to run for the nearest exit. But it's our life. And the craziness is our own and that is something we are extremely protective and proud of. This was our first Thanksgiving with Preston and all I can tell you, is that we are silly-happy with our lil guy.



3. My Work: Three years ago, I sat down on couch with my husband, debating what our next jobs would be. We both worked full time but had frequently picked up second jobs every now and then to bring extra income into our household. This time around was different. I didn't want to pick up a second job that didn't mean anything to me, that I didn't love and most of all, that I didn't feel fulfilled in. So after some brainstorming, Chic Sweets came about and I'll be honest with you...not a day has gone by that I'm not grateful for having made that decision.

Does that work ever end? Nope. Is it insanely much harder than I thought it would be? Heck, yes.

Do I love it? So much, my heart bursts.

For that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment