Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life Interrupted

So when I started this post, I thought it would be about where I was in my life, Lara Casey's Making Things Happen workshop and how my path has taken a lot of twists and turns as a business owner, wife and mother. I even made a video--can you believe that? It was hard but I felt only I could explain best in my own words. Then a few days before I planned on posting this video, my grandmother (the center of my universe) suffered a major stroke. And while I felt my world closing in, finding it hard to breathe, let alone get through the day...I was dealing with morning sickness.

Yes, that is right, along with the deepest lows, there can be incredible highs which can totally catch you by surprise. Yup, your's truly is pregnant and in my second trimester. We were excited and nervous but in the end, we cannot wait to bring another "Clamp" into our home. So with a lot of things happening (understatement), I think it would have been easy for me to turn the off button, close the door, and hide under the covers. A few months ago, that would have been the case, but one of the biggest lessons I learned from Lara Casey's Making Things Happen, is that me, and only me has the power to make. things. happen. And in the end, I took a deep breath and realized that I can do this. That despite the circumstances and hard lessons, I'm going to get through this and come out of it a better person.


So while I'm still struggling to understand my grandmother's current health situation and doing everything we can to make her better, I'm reminded every moment of the day that I'm going to be a mommy to another little one, sooner that I can imagine. I guess I can say that today my thoughts are simply to take what life has to give you, whether it be wonderful, great, awful, terrible and find that strength deep inside of you to keep on moving forward. Making the choice to open your eyes, get out of bed and live your life everyday with just love and faith, which is what I seem to be holding onto, everyday. Sorry, if that was a little to preech-y.

And as if this blog post could not get any longer, I thought I would go ahead and share the v-blog I had originally intended on posting before my world got flipped around a bit.

Please note, that a large pot of coffee, comfortable chair and a blanket required.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment